Monday, October 22, 2012

Something new

Happy Monday!

 Today I want to share something totally different. I tried my hand at illustration on the computer! While I have used the computer in many ways this was the first time I used Photoshop to colour any of my illustrations. I have to say I really enjoyed the process because it is so different from the way I normally colour my pieces.  Although I am not sure that I will use this technique often I am enjoying exploring its many possibilities.


I did start with pencil to paper and then scanned the images into the computer. I love the way that the scanner left an ombre effect on the backgrounds of the images.


All the images I then traced with my pen and tablet and the brush tool. I made separate layers for each of the colours and worked slowly from there. I am sure that there is a faster way to do what I did but I was happy with the results so it wasn't really important how long it took which wasn't really very long!


Speaking of trying new things...this week will be the first for a another project I have been working on. In the process of looking up and forward, I have been interviewing various owners and operators of businesses here in Playa. I want to get to know more of the people that are here, find out what brought them, how they came to their brilliant business ideas, and just generally discover what makes them tick. I am doing this in the hopes of searching out more of the culture in the area because finding like minded individuals with passions for art and design, good food and good music is what makes me tick! The interview subjects are from various backgrounds simply because I have a multitude of interests. I am seeking out owners of business that appeal to me and that I enjoy frequenting. So stay tuned this week and let me know what you think. Is there any place in Playa that you think I should visit? Let me know...

See you soon,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment