Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Loving where you live

Hola amigos!

Well tonight is another dark and stormy night here in Playa, and I thought I would share some photos from one of our sunnier days! I often read Design Mom and really enjoy her posts about loving the place you live. Last week I took a stroll in town with my camera just to enjoy the beauty of the place we live. As I mentioned last post, I am detail person and I just couldn't help noticing all the beautiful flora we have here.


Ah Oleander, so pretty and deadly. I love this time of year when it all blooms. At least the flowers are happy for all the rain!  



Bamboo has got to be one of my favorite plants. Not just useful and sustainable but also incredibly hardy. Have you seen this school? How cool is that? Every since I saw the film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" I have wanted to live in a forest of bamboo. Just the noise it makes when the wind rushes through it. Amazing.


    I have no idea what this flower is called but I see them everywhere. Anyone know?

I have heard this beauty is called the Flamboyant Tree and you can see why, with all those showy flowers. A friend from India says they grow there as well. A throw back from Pangea perhaps, or maybe birds help the seeds migrate from one continent to the other?

But what would a post about Playa be, if we didn't have at least one shot of that sparkling sea? The reason millions flock here every year? I will tell you this, you never tire of it. I have been here for 10 years and every time I catch a glimpse of those azure waters it takes my breath away.


Have a lovely week folks,
Megan









No comments:

Post a Comment